- Buyer must provide sufficient proof of purchase.
- Gigastone must document what happens when buyers troubleshoot the product.
- The defective item's serial number and/or visible proof depicting the defect are required.
- It may be necessary to return an item for quality inspection.
- For defective items that Gigastone needs to have returned, warranties on those replacements are voided if the wrong item is returned to Gigastone or if the defective item is not returned.
Valid proof of purchase
- Order number from online purchases made through Gigastone.
- Sales invoice.
- Dated sales receipt from an authorized Gigastone reseller that shows a description of the product along with its price.
Please note that more than one type of proof of purchase may be required to process a warranty claim (such as receipt of money transfer and confirmation of address item was originally shipped to).
Shipping costs must be covered by buyer in the following situations
- Returning products for any reason other than a proven defect.
- Warranty claims on items taken outside the original country of purchase.
- Buyer's accidental returns.
- Returning personal items.
- Returning items claimed to have defects but found by Gigastone quality control to be in working condition.
- Returning defective items in international shipping Costs associated with unauthorized returns (any returns made outside of the approved warranty process)
Not Covered Under Warranty
- Products without sufficient proof of purchase..
- Lost or stolen products.
- Items that have expired their warranty period.
- Non quality-related issues. (after 30 days of purchase)
- Free products.
- Repairs through 3rd parties.
- Damage from outside sources.
- Damage from misuse of products. (including, but not limited to: falls, extreme temperatures, water, operating devices improperly)
Gigastone is not liable for
- Loss of data incurred from use of Gigastone products.
- Returning personal items sent to Gigastone.
When returning items with a prepaid shipping label provided by Gigastone, Gigastone takes responsibility for any damage or loss incurred in transit. When returning items for non-quality issues, buyer assumes responsibility for any damage or loss incurred in transit. Gigastone does not provide refunds for items damaged in transit for non-quality related warranty claims.
What are Gigastone's obligations?
During the applicable warranty period, provided the Product is returned in accordance with the terms of this Standard Limited Warranty, Gigastone will repair or replace the Product, at Gigastone's sole option, without charge. Gigastone may, at Gigastone's sole option, use rebuilt, reconditioned, or new parts or components when repairing any Product, or may replace the Product with a rebuilt, reconditioned or new Product.
What must you do to obtain warranty service?
To obtain service under the Standard Limited Warranty, you must return the Product to an authorized return facility in an adequate container for shipping, accompanied by the sales receipt or comparable proof of sale showing the original date of purchase by the first consumer purchaser, the serial number of the Product and the seller?s name and address.
To obtain assistance on where to deliver the Product, please contact Gigastone Customer Care firstname.lastname@example.org. If Gigastone determines that any Product is not covered by the Standard Limited Warranty, you must pay all parts, shipping, and labor charges for the repair or return of such Product.
You should keep a separate backup copy of any contents of the Product before delivering the Product to Gigastone for warranty service, as some or all of the contents may be deleted or reformatted during the course of warranty service.